High-performance 802.11n wireless coverage for high densities of devices and MACSec security to ensure strong threat protection on the wired Ethernet uplink.
These ultra-high-performance 802.11n APs deliver wireless data rates up to 450 Mbps per radio and employ three spatial streams to support 50% more throughput and mobile devices than previous-generation APs.
The AP-135 and IAP-135 APs feature a 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio, each with 3×3 MIMO and three integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas. The AP-134 and IAP-134 models feature the same radios with three (combined, diplexed) external antenna connectors.
Wi-Fi Client Optimization
To eliminate sticky client behavior, every Aruba AP comes with ClientMatch™ technology, which continuously gathers session performance metrics and utilizes this data to steer mobile devices to the best AP and radio on the WLAN, even while users roam.
Quality of Service for Lync
The 130 series APs additionally support priority handling and policy enforcement for individual Microsoft Lync media on the same device, including encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing.
Best-in-class RF Management
All Aruba APs include Adaptive Radio Management™ technology, which is essential to creating the most reliable, high-performance WLANs. ARM™ manages the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to optimize Wi-Fi client performance and ensures that APs stay clear of RF interference.
The 130 series can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
Choose your operating mode
The 130 series of APs offers a choice of operating modes to meet your unique management and deployment requirements.
When managed by Aruba Mobility Controllers, 130 series APs offer centralized configuration, data encryption, policy enforcement and network services, as well as distributed and centralized traffic forwarding. Please refer to the Aruba Mobility Controller data sheets for more details.
Aruba Instant™ mode.
In Aruba Instant mode, a single AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
If WLAN and network requirements change, a built-in migration path allows 130 series Instant APs to become part of a WLAN that is centrally managed by a Mobility Controller.
- Spectrum Analysis:
- Spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- With an OpenDNS service subscription, Aruba Instant delivers integrated web filtering, malware and botnet protection to every device connected to the WLAN
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic
- 802.11a/b/g/n Aruba Instant AP
- 802.11a/b/g/n Mobility Controller-managed AP
- Air monitor (AM)
- Secure enterprise mesh
- Remote AP (RAP) when used with a Mobility Controller
- 48 volts DC 802.3af power over Ethernet (PoE) or 802.3at PoE+
- Note: when using 802.3af POE, the second Ethernet port is disabled. It is enabled when using an 802.3at POE power source (or direct DC power).
- 12 volts DC external AC supplied power (adapter sold separately)
- Maximum power consumption: 12.5 watts
- AP-134 and IAP-134: Three RP-SMA connectors for external dual-band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 1.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 3.0 dB in 5 GHz.
- AP-135 and IAP-135: Six integrated downtilt omni-directional antennas for 3×3 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 4.5 dBi in 5 GHz
|Wireless Radio Specifications
- AP type: Dual-radio, dual-band 802.11n indoor
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- 3×3 MIMO 802.11n with three spatial streams and up to 450 Mbps per radio
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.400 to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent upon configured regulatory domain
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n: Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM)
- 802.11n: 3×3 MIMO with three spatial streams
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
- Cyclic delay diversity for improved downlink RF performance
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz and 40-MHz channels
- Space-Time Block Coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
- Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased reliability in signal delivery (supported in hardware; currently not enabled in software)
- Association rates (Mbps):
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n: MCS0 to MCS23 (6.5 Mbps to 450 Mbps)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11n packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- Network: Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45), auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- Ethernet ports support 802.3az
- 48 volts DC 802.3af PoE or 802.3at PoE+ interoperable with intellisource power sourcing equipment (both ports)
- Other: One RJ-45 console interface
- Included with AP:
- Mounting brackets for attaching to 9/16” and 15/16” T-bar drop-tile ceiling
- Kensington security lock point
- Optional mounting kits (one per AP recommended):
- AP-130-MNT: One stand-off bracket for mounting to a wall, ceiling or other flat surface
- AP-130-MNT-W2: One stand-off enclosed box (to hide cables) for mounting to a flat surface
- AP-130-MNT-C2: Mounting brackets for interlude and silhouette grid-style ceiling rails
- Dimensions/weight (unit):
- 170 mm x 170 mm x 45 mm (6.69” x 6.69” x 1.77”)
- 760g (1.68 lb)
- Dimensions/weight (shipping):
- 285 mm x 240 mm x 70 mm (11.22” x 9.45” x 2.76”)
- 1050g (2.31 lb)
- Temperature: 0° C to +50° C (+32° F to +122° F)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation temperature range:
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
|For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1, EN60601-1-2
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi certified 802.11a/b/g/n
||Minimum ArubaOS Version
Limited lifetime warranty
ArubaOS 220.127.116.11 on an Aruba Mobility Controller
Aruba Instant 18.104.22.168 software