Aruba Instant is the first controllerless WLAN solution to deliver comprehensive enterprise-grade security, resiliency and scale to distributed networks. There are no physical or virtual controllers and no ongoing service fees, license fees or management appliances.
With Aruba Instant, one dynamically-elected AP automatically distributes the network configuration to other Instant APs in the WLAN. Simply power-up one Instant AP, configure it over the air, and plug in the other APs – the entire process takes about five minutes.
For large installations across multiple sites, the Aruba Activate™ service significantly reduces deployment time by automating device provisioning, firmware upgrades, and inventory management. With Aruba Activate, Instant APs are factory-shipped to any site and configure themselves when powered up.
- High-density Wi-Fi support with Adaptive Radio Management™
- Full survivability in case of AP and WAN link failures
- Seamless Layer 3 roaming between different Instant AP clusters
- Always-on spectrum analysis with no performance impact
- Per application QoS for multicast video and unified communications
- Integrated wireless intrusion detection and protection
- Policy based access to Apple Bonjour across subnets