Aruba Beacons leverage Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) technology to power indoor location and wayfinding, and proximity-aware push notifications at enterprises, stadiums, hospitals and other public venues. The ability to customize the placement of beacons ensures a highly engaged customer experience.
These small, low-power wireless transmitters broadcast radio signals at regular intervals that can be heard and interpreted by iOS and Android devices equipped with Meridian-powered mobile apps from Aruba and our Meridian Engage app development partners. Aruba 300, 310, 320 and 330 series APs with built-in Aruba Beacons, allow you to remotely manage our 4-year battery-powered standalone Beacons.
Not currently running an Aruba wireless network? No problem. The Aruba Sensor includes a built-in beacon and the ability to manage Aruba Beacons in any wireless environment.
Protect the privacy of your guests
Aruba Beacons do not require smartphones to connect or pair with them and do not collect mobile device identity.
Precise indoor location data
BLE technology offers the most accurate positioning so you can deliver a rich, relevant mobile engagement experience.
Quickly deploy hundreds of beacons
The Aruba Beacons mobile app lets you install beacons, place them on a digital map and configure accuracy on the fly.
- Broadcast data packets based on Bluetooth LE® (4.0)
- Compatible with all Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) devices
- Compatible with Apple iBeacon™ standard
- Configurable parameters
- Device name
- Transmission power level for proximity beacons
BLE data packets
- Every Aruba Beacon ID is 20 bytes long and contains three values:
- ProximityUUID: Universally Unique Identifier shared among related beacons
- Major number: 16-bit integer value
- Minor number: 16-bit integer value
- Aruba Beacon signals can be read from as far away as 200 feet, and proximity can be detected down to a few inches away.
- Maximum signal range depends on the physical environment.
- Aruba Beacons operate on the same type of radio waves as 2.4-GHz Wi-Fi routers. As a result, the signal can be diffracted, interfered or absorbed by materials in the space such as metal, wood or water.
Aruba Beacons app for management Supported OS
- iOS 7 or newer
- iPhone 4S or newer
- iPod touch, fifth generation
- iPad, third generation or newer
- iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display
Delivery Options for Battery-Powered Beacons
- Two 4-year coin-cell batteries within the Beacon
- Average power consumption: 0.22 mW (estimated)
- Battery capacity 1,000 mAh/each: Total capacity of 2,000 mAh
- Battery voltage: 3 volts
- With default settings in place, the batteries can last at least two years. However, the chirp frequency can be changed to increase battery life or decrease battery life.
- Unique on/off capabilities can be used to turn down the network when not in use and consequently keep the batteries fresh for many years.
- Included with Aruba Beacons:
- High-strength indoor/outdoor 3M adhesive for direct mounting to wall
- NEMA 66-rated outdoor case with magnetic brackets for mounting on steel beam
- Bracket for mounting on non-metal wall via two-screw holds
Aruba USB Beacons
- Charges from an Aruba access point USB port or any powered USB slot on TVs, computers, wall plugs and other devices.
- Deployment/hardware options
- These beacons install into existing Aruba access points via USB ports for data connectivity.
ARUBA BEACONS COMPATIBLE DEVICES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS Android
- New smartphones and tablets with a dual-mode Bluetooth 4.0 chip running the latest version of the Android OS are Bluetooth Smart Ready.
- Android-powered Bluetooth Smart Ready devices running the latest OS will be compatible with virtually any Bluetooth enabled product, including Aruba Beacons.
- iOS 7 or later on the following compatible devices:
- iPhone (fourth generation or later)
- iPad (third generation or later)
- iPad mini
- iPod touch (fifth generation or later)
WIRELESS RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
- Compliant with BLE standard based on BT version 4.0
- GFSK modulation @ 2.4-GHz ISM band
- Support adaptive frequency hopping (FH)
- 3 2-MHz advertisement channels (channels 37, 38, 39) 2,402 MHz, 2,426 MHz, 2,480 MHz
- x37 2-MHz data channels (channels 0 to 36, from 2,404 MHz to 2,478 MHz)
- TX power: 0 dBm max
- RX sensitivity: -94 dBm
- 47 mm (W) x 47 mm (L) x 16 mm (H), 1.8 “ (W) x 1.8” (L) x .63” (H)
- 37.5 g/1.3 oz