Affordable and multifunctional 200-series 802.11ac APs maximize mobile device performance in medium-density Wi-Fi environments.
With support for two spatial streams, these compact dual-radio APs deliver wireless data rates up to 867 Mbps for 802.11ac and up to 300 Mbps for 802.11n-enabled mobile devices.
The AP-205 and IAP-205 models feature four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas, while the AP-204 and IAP-204 support external detachable dual-band antennas using two RP-SMA antenna connectors.
Get a big performance advantagePatented ClientMatch™ technology improves performance and eliminates sticky client behavior while roaming.
Protect service quality over the airAppRF technology enables prioritization and policy enforcement for business-critical enterprise apps like Microsoft Lync.
You have the freedom to chooseThe 200 series can be managed by an Aruba Mobility Controller or deployed in controllerless Aruba Instant mode.
200 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
- AP-205 and IAP-205
- 2.4-GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5-GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and four integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
- AP-204 and IAP-204
- 2.4-GHz (300 Mbps max rate) and 5-GHz (867 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 2×2 MIMO and two combined, diplexed external RP-SMA antenna connectors.
- RF management
- Adaptive Radio Management™ (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs.
- The 200 Series APs can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for spectrum analysis and wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Spectrum analysis
- Capable of part-time or dedicated air monitoring, the spectrum analyzer remotely scans the 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio bands to identify sources of RF interference.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers thread protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URL and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials and keys.
- SecureJack-capable for secure tunneling of wired Ethernet traffic.
- Aruba Instant AP
- Mobility Controller-managed AP
- Remote AP (RAP) for branch deployments
- Air monitor (AM) for wireless IDS, rogue detection and containment
- Spectrum analyzer, dedicated or hybrid
- Secure enterprise mesh (*Available Q2 2015)
WIRELESS RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
- AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5-GHz 802.11ac and 2.4-GHz 802.11n 2×2:2
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1)
- 2×2 MIMO with two spatial streams and up to 867 Mbps wireless data rate
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.4000 GHz to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4 GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
- 5 GHz band: +21 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
- Supported data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- AP-204/IAP-204: Two RP-SMA connectors for external dual band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 1.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 3.0 dB in 5 GHz.
- AP-205/IAP-205: Four integrated down-tilt omni-directional antennas for 2×2 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 4.0 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 6.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling mounted orientation of the AP.
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interface (RJ-45)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af PoE
- DC power interface, accepts 1.7/4.0-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
- Serial console interface (proprietary; optional adapter cable available)
- Visual indicators (LEDs):
- Power/system status
- Ethernet link status (ENET)
- Radio status (two; RAD0, RAD1)
- Reset button: factory reset (during device power up)
- Serial console interface (RJ-45)
- Kensington security slot
- AP-205 and IAP-205
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 12.5 watts (PoE) or 11.7 watts (DC)
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 8.4 watts (PoE) or 7.7 watts (DC)
- Direct DC source: 12 Vdc nominal, +/- 5%
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af-compliant source
- Power sources sold separately
- When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
- Included with AP:
- Mounting brackets (2) for attaching to 9/16-inch or 15/16-inch T-bar drop-tile ceiling
- Spare mounting kit:
- AP-220-MNT-C1: Aruba AP mount kit contains two ceiling-grid rail adapters for flat rails
- Optional mounting kits
- AP-220-MNT-C2: Aruba AP mount kit contains two ceiling-grid rail adapters for Interlude and Silhouette style rails
- AP-220-MNT-W1: Aruba AP mount kit contains one basic flat-surface wall/ceiling mount bracket
- AP-200-MNT-W3: Aruba AP mount kit contains one secure flat-surface wall/ceiling mount cradle
- Dimensions/weight (unit, excluding mount accessories):
- 150 mm x 150 mm x 41.5 mm (W x D x H)
- 380 g
- Dimensions/weight (shipping):
- 190 mm x 187 mm x 57 mm (W x D x H)
- 550 g
- Temperature: 0° C to +40° C (+32° F to +104° F)
- Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation temperature range:
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1 and EN 60601-1-2
RELIABILITY MTBF: 711,187 hours (81.2 years) at +25° C operating temperature REGULATORY MODEL NUMBER
- AP-204 and IAP-204: APIN0204
- AP-205 and IAP-205: APIN0205
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
WARRANTY Aruba limited lifetime warranty MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSION
- ArubaOS™ 184.108.40.206
- Aruba InstantOS™ 220.127.116.11