Ultra-fast 320 series 802.11ac Wave 2 APs offer the highest performance in high-density environments and can be managed by a Mobility Controller or deployed in controllerless Aruba Instant mode.
These Wave 2 access points deliver multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) aware ClientMatch to boost network efficiency and support the growing device density demands on your network.
Starting with the 320 series, Aruba access points have an integrated BLE Beacon to remotely manage battery-powered Aruba Beacons.
Boost network efficiencyWith multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO), you can transmit to multiple Wave 2 clients from an AP, at the same time.
ClientMatch unleashes MU-MIMOAruba ClientMatch software groups Wave 2 clients together, enabling MU-MIMO. That means a faster, more efficient network.
Integrated Bluetooth Beacon320 series APs have an integrated BLE Beacon to simplify management of a large-scale network of battery-powered Aruba Beacons.
AP-320 SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
- AP-325 and IAP-325
- 5 GHz (1,733 Mbps max rate) and 2.4 GHz (600 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 4x4 MIMO support and a total of eight integrated omni-directional downtilt antennas.
- AP-324 and IAP-324
- 5 GHz (1,733 Mbps max rate) and 2.4 GHz (600 Mbps max rate) radios, each with 4x4 MIMO support and a total of four combined, diplexed (dual-band) external RP-SMA antenna connectors.
WIRELESS RADIO SPECIFICATIONS
- AP type: Indoor, dual radio, 5 GHz 802.11ac and 2.4 GHz 802.11n 4x4 MIMO.
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1).
- Four spatial stream SU-MIMO for up to 1,733 Mbps wireless data rate to a single client device.
- Three spatial stream MU-MIMO for up to 1,300 Mbps wireless data rate to up to three MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously.
- Support for up to 256 associated client devices per radio, and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio.
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.400 to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain.
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum.
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (aggregate, conducted total) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4 GHz band: +24 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
- 5 GHz band: +24 dBm (18 dBm per chain)
- Note: conducted transmit power levels exclude antenna gain. For total (EIRP) transmit power, add antenna gain
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks.
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance.
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance.
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz and 80-MHz channels.
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception.
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput.
- Transmit beamforming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range.
- Supported data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n: 6.5 to 450 (MCS0 to MCS23)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 1,733 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 4)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 20W (802.3at PoE), 13.5W (802.3af PoE) or 18.5W (DC)
- Excludes power consumed by external USB device (and internal overhead); this could add up to 6W (POE) or 5.5W (DC) for 5W/1A USB device
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 8W (PoE) or 7W (DC).
- Direct DC source: 48Vdc nominal, +/- 5%.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 12 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source
- Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE
- Power-save mode with reduced functionality from 802.3af PoE
- USB port disabled
- Second Ethernet port disabled
- 2.4 GHz radio in 1x1:1 mode
- Power sources sold separately
- When both power sources are available, DC power takes priority
- Four RP-SMA connectors for external dual band antennas. Internal loss between radio interface and external antenna connectors (due to diplexing circuitry): 2.5 dB in 2.4 GHz and 1.5 dB in 5 GHz.
- Eight integrated downtilt omni-directional antennas for 4x4 MIMO with maximum antenna gain of 3.5 dBi in 2.4 GHz and 5.0 dBi in 5 GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for horizontal ceiling-mounted orientation of the AP. The downtilt angle for maximum gain is ~ 30 degrees.
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- Load balancing support to achieve platform throughput greater than 1 Gbps
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- PoE-PD: 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af or 802.3at PoE
- DC power interface, accepts 2.1/5.5-mm center-positive circular plug with 9.5-mm length
- USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
- Up to 4dBm transmit power (class 2) and -94dBm receive sensitivity
- Integrated antenna, -5dBi gain (30 degree downtilt)
- Can be disabled with configuration
- Visual indicators (tri-color LEDs): For system and radio status
- Reset button: Factory reset (during device power up)
- Serial console interface (RJ-45)
- Kensington security slot
- AP-325 and IAP-325
- The AP ships with two (white) mounting clips to attach to a 9/16-inch or 15/16-inch flat T-bar drop-tile ceiling.
- Several optional mount kits are available to attach the AP to a variety of surfaces; see the Ordering Information section below for details
- Dimensions/weight (unit, excluding mount accessories):
- 203 mm (W) x 203 mm (D) x 57 mm (H), 8.0” (W) x 8.0” (D) x 2.2” (H)
- 950 g/34 oz
- Dimensions/weight (shipping):
- 315 mm (W) x 265 mm (D) x 100 mm (H), 12.4” (W) x 10.4” (D) x 3.9” (H)
- 1,350 g/48 oz
- Temperature: 0° C to +50° C (+32° F to +122° F)
- Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation:
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1 and EN 60601-1-2
RELIABILITY MTBF: 739,935 hrs (84.5yrs) at +25C operating temperature (AP-325) REGULATORY MODEL NUMBERS
- AP-324 and IAP-324: APIN0324
- AP-325 and IAP-325: APIN0325
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth SIG interoperability certification
- Passpoint® (Release 2) with ArubaOS and Instant 8.3+
WARRANTY Aruba limited lifetime warranty MINIMUM SOFTWARE VERSIONS
- ArubaOS 184.108.40.206
320 Series Access Points are not supported on 650 Series Mobility Controllers.
- Aruba InstantOS 220.127.116.11