Classified Mobile Networks
Suite B Cryptography for Classified Mobile Networks
Government agencies can now utilize commercial mobile devices and connect them to restricted networks using an NSA-approved security technology called Suite B cryptography. Suite B is a stronger, faster set of encryption protocols and methods which enables commercial mobile devices to be used in classified government networks – or even in unclassified networks where a stronger level of security is required.
The NSA, through its Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program, has developed a number of architectures that are approved for processing of classified information. Aruba Networks provides infrastructure components and client software that can operate at multiple points within a CSfC architecture.
The Aruba Mobile Virtual Enterprise (MOVE) architecture allows secure mobility by linking access privileges to a user’s unique identity. That means authorized users get secure access to network resources based on who they are – no matter where they are, what devices they use or how they connect.
Aruba’s Suite B classified mobile networks have the following benefits:
- Line-rate military-grade cryptography – support for WPA2, Suite B Wi-Fi and IPsec, OCSP and extensive PKI system integration secures users and data streams for both classified and unclassified network access.
- Centralized cryptography – cryptographic keys are securely contained within the controller, not access points (APs), eliminating the need for costly AP enclosures and protected distribution systems (PDS). Proprietary and expensive cryptographic overlays are also unnecessary.
- Multi-Platform – Aruba’s Suite B enabled wireless controller can be used with any Suite-B enabled IPsec client. In addition, Aruba offers a Suite-B enabled VPN client for iOS, Android, OS X, Linux, and Windows 7.
- Assured wireless performance in complex RF environments with Aruba Adaptive Radio Management™ technology, which automatically activates and dynamically adapts the WLAN under constantly changing conditions.
- Wired, wireless or remote connectivity – The Aruba Suite B solution can be used over government-owned wireless or wired networks, remotely over the public Internet, and on 3G/4G cellular networks for persistent military-grade encryption.
- Aruba Classified Networking Solutions White Paper
- ArubaOS Advanced Cryptography (ACR) Module Data Sheet (PDF)
- Government Solutions Guide (PDF)
- Federal Security Certifications (PDF)
- ArubaOS xSec Module (PDF)
- Secure Enterprise Mobility for Government Teleworkers (PDF)
- Developing a Sound Security Policy for Mobility at the Department of Defense (PDF)