The Aruba 387 access points are a cost-effective, simple to deploy and high performing point-to-point solution that is built upon Aruba’s hardened outdoor portfolio.
Weather-proof and temperature hardened, the Aruba AP-387 withstands the harshest outdoor environments.
With a maximum concurrent data rate of 2.5 Gbps in the 60GHz band and 867 Mbps in the 5GHz band, the AP-387 delivers an aggregate peak on air data rate of 3.37 Gbps.
The AP-387 is perfect for quickly and reliably connecting remote buildings, overcoming right of way issues or installing failover links in the event of line cuts or crushed conduit pipes. Also for improved network simplicity and security, Dynamic Segmentation automatically enforces real-time device-level access policies on Aruba wired and wireless networks.
Simple to deployThe AP-387 uniquely leverages intelligent 60GHz radio auto-alignment at deployment and during operation.
Reliability you can count onUniquely designed with two separate radios in the event of 60GHz failure, the AP intelligently falls back to the 5GHz radio.
Purpose built for the outdoorsHardened hardware ensures your point-to-point Wi-Fi can endure extreme temperature and moisture.
Wi-Fi Radio Specifications
- AP type:
- Outdoor hardened, dual radio, 60GHz 11ad and 5GHz 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO
- 60 GHz 802.11ad 1x1 (2502.5 Mbps max rate) radio
- 1 Spatial Stream for up to 2.5 Gbps
- Internal scanning antenna
- +/- 45° Azimuth Scan
- +/- 17° Vertical Scan
- 5GHz 802.11ac 2x2 MU-MIMO (867 Mbps max rate)
- Two spatial stream MIMO for up to 867 Mbps wireless data
- Internal directional antenna 9 dBi
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 60GHz (Radio 1)
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.400 to 2.4835 GHz (BLE)
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- 5.825 to 5.875 GHz
- 57 to 64 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain.
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) maximizes the use of available 5GHz RF spectrum.
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- 802.11ad: Single carrier (SC)
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- 802.11ad: BPSK, QPSK
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm for 5 GHz
- Maximum EIRP (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 60GHz band: 40 dBm EIRP max
- 5GHz band: 387: 34 dBm EIRP
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance on 5 GHz.
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance.
- Short guard interval for 20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz on 5GHz.
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput.
- 802.11ac Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range
- 802.11ad Beam Steering
- Supported 11a/ac data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11a 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n (5GHz): 6.5 to 600 (MCS0 to MCS15)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 Mbps (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2 for VHT20/40/80)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80/160
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- Worst-case power consumption: 13.5 W
- Idle power consumption: 4.5W
- Power sources sold separately
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+): 802.3at-compliant
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): 802.3af with some operational restriction.
- Max conducted power per chain for 5GHz drops to 19 dBm
- One 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet network interfaces (RJ-45)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
- Up to 4dBm transmit power (class 2) and -91 dBm receive sensitivity
- Visual indicator (multi-color LED): For system and radio status
- Reset button: Factory reset (during device power up)
- Micro USB console interface
- AP type:
* Recommended bracket solutions for most apps.
- Dimensions (excluding mount adapter):
- 18 cm (W) x 18 cm (D) x 10.1 cm (H)
- Weight (excluding mount adapter):
- 1.198 kg
- Temperature: -40°C to +60°C (-40°F to +140°F)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation:
- Temperature: -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
- Operating altitude: 3,000 m
- Water and dust
- Salt tolerance
- Tested to ASTM B117-07A salt spray 200 hrs
- Wind survival: up to 165 mph
- Shock and vibration ETSI 300-19-2-4
- CE Marked
- RED Directive 2014/53/EU
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1, EN60601-1-2
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
Regulatory Model Numbers
- AP-387: APEX0387
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi Alliance certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Minimum operating system software versions
- ArubaOS 8.4 and Aruba InstantOS 8.4