Aruba 518 Series Ruggedized Indoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
This hardened access point delivers high-performance in harsh, weather-protected environments such as warehouses, industrial freezers, or enclosures in extreme environments and stadiums.
High-performance Wi-Fi 6 for harsh environments
The 518 Series delivers ruggedized APs for connectivity across the harshest environments.
Maximum aggregate on air data rate of 3 Gbps (HE80/HE40)
Provides the speed and reliability needed for the harshest, most demanding environments.
Dynamic Segmentation and policy - enforcement firewalls
Flexible and scalable, our access points automatically enforce consistent policies across wired and wireless networks.
IoT-ready Bluetooth 5 and 802.15.4/Zigbee support
Simplifies deploying and managing IoT location services, asset-tracking services, security solutions, and IoT sensors with support for Target Wake Time to extend the life of sensors.
Advanced cellular co-location
Reduces cellular interference with Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) to minimize the impact of interference from high-powered cellular base stations.
Wi-Fi 6 support including OFDMA and MU-MIMO
Deliver greater multi-user efficiency and ensure seamless connectivity, even during maintenance or unplanned outages.
Support for multiple mounting solutions
Supports both indoor and outdoor mounting brackets for maximum flexibility.
Details and specifications for the Aruba 518 Series APs
- 5 GHz: Four RP-SMA connectors for external antenna operation
- 2.4 GHz Two RP-SMA connectors for external antenna operation
Wi-Fi Radio Specifications
- AP type:
- Indoor Hardened, Wi-Fi 6 dual radio, 5 GHz 4x4 MIMO and 2.4 GHz 2x2 MIMO
- Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz (Radio 0) and 2.4 GHz (Radio 1)
- Four spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 4.8 Gbps wireless data rate to individual 4SS HE160 Wi-Fi 6 client device (max)
- Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 1.2 Gbps wireless data rate to individual 2SS HE80 Wi-Fi 6 client device (typical)
- Four spatial stream Multi User (MU) MIMO for up to 4.8 Gbps wireless data rate to up to four 1SS or two 2SS HE160 Wi-Fi 6 DL-MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously (max)
- Four spatial stream Multi User (MU) MIMO for up to 2.4 Gbps wireless data rate to up to four 1SS or two 2SS HE80 Wi-Fi 6 DL-MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously (typical)
- Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 575 Mbps wireless data rate to individual 2SS HE40 Wi-Fi 6 client device (max)
- Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 287 Mbps wireless data rate to individual 2SS HE20 Wi-Fi 6 client device (typical)
- Two spatial stream Multi User (MU) MIMO for up to 575 Mbps wireless data rate to up to two 1SS HE40 Wi-Fi 6 DL-MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously (max)
- Two spatial stream Multi User (MU) MIMO for up to 287 Mbps wireless data rate to up to two 1SS HE20 Wi-Fi 6 DL- MU-MIMO capable client devices simultaneously (typical)
- Support for up to 512 associated client devices per radio, and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.400 to 2.4835 GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250 GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350 GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725 GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850 GHz
- 5.850 to 5.925 GHz
- 5.825 to 5.875 GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain.
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum.
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- 802.11ax: Orthogonal frequency-division multiple access (OFDMA) with up to 16 resource units (RU)
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM (proprietary extension)
- 802.11ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM (proprietary extension)
- 802.11ax: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80/160
- 802.11ax high efficiency (HE) support: HE20/40/80/160
- Supported data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n (2.4GHz): 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15, HT20 to HT40)
- 802.11n (5GHz): 6.5 to 600 (MCS0 to MCS31, HT20 to HT40)
- 802.11ac: (5 GHz): 6.5 to 3,467 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 4 for VHT20 to VHT160)
- 802.11ax (2.4GHz): 3.6 to 574 (MCS0 to MCS11, NSS = 1 to 2, HE20 to HE40)
- 802.11ax (5GHz): 3.6 to 4803 (MCS0 to MCS11, NSS = 1 to 4, HE20 to HE160)
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (conducted) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4 GHz band: +22 dBm per chain , +25 dBm aggregate (2x2)
- 5 GHz band: +22 dBm per chain , +28 dBm aggregate (4x4)
- Note: conducted transmit power levels exclude antenna gain.
- Maximum EIRP (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4 GHz band: 25 dBm + Antenna Gain
- 5 GHz band: 28 dBm + Antenna Gain
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks.
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance.
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) to enable the use of multiple transmit antennas.
- Short guard interval for 20-MHz, 40-MHz, 80-MHz and 160-MHz channels.
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception.
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput.
- Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range.
- E0: HPE SmartRate port (RJ-45)
- Auto-sensing link speed (100/1000/2500BASE-T) and MDI/MDX
- 2.5Gbps speed complies with NBase-T and 802.3bz specifications
- PoE-PD: 48vDC (nominal) 802.3at/bt (Class 4 or higher)
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- E1: 10/100/1000BASE-T (RJ-45)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- PoE-PD: 48vDC (nominal) 802.3at/bt (Class4 or higher)
- Link Aggregation (LACP) support between both network ports for redundancy and increased capacity
- Bluetooth 5 and 802.15.4 radio
- 2.4 GHz
- Bluetooth 5: up to 8 dBm transmit power and -95 dBm receive sensitivity
- Zigbee: up to 8 dBm transmit power and -97 dBm receive sensitivity
- Up to 4 dBm transmit power (class 2) and -91 dBm receive sensitivity
- Visual indicator (multi-color LED):
- For system and radio status
- Reset button:
- Factory reset (during device power up)
- USB-C console interface
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption:
- PoE powered (dual ports): 32.0W
- PoE powered (single port, full function): 26.1W
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode:
- 14.0W (single PoE) or 16.0W (dual PoE)
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in deep-sleep mode:
- 2.9W (single PoE) or 3.9W (dual PoE)
- The AP supports Power over Ethernet (PoE; on port E0 and/or E1)
- When PoE power is supplied to both Ethernet ports, the AP can be configured to combine or prioritize power sources
- Power sources are sold separately; see ordering information for details
- When powered by 1x 802.3at (class 4) PoE and with the IPM feature disabled, the AP will disable the other Ethernet port. In the same configuration but with IPM enabled, the AP will start up in unrestricted mode, but may dynamically apply restrictions depending on the PoE budget and actual power. The feature restrictions and order can be programmed.
- Operating the AP with single or dual 802.3af (class 3 or lower) PoE source is not supported.
- Optional mounting kits:
- Compatible with the AP-MNT-A/B/C/D/E and AP-MNT-MP10 mounting kits supported on the AP-5xx indoor APs
- Outdoor AP mounts (AP-OUT-MNT-V1A, AP-270-MNT-V2, AP-270-MNT-H1, AP-270-MNT-H2, and AP-270-MNT-H3) are compatible when the AP-270-MNT-ADP adapter is utilized
- Dimensions/weight (excluding mount):
- 211mm (W) x 211 mm (D) x 70 mm (H) / 8.31" (W) x 8.31" (D) x 2.76" (H)
- Weight: 1.5kg / 3.3 lbs
- Temperature: -40°C to +55°C / -40°F to +140°F
- Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing internal to chassis
- Storage and transportation:
- Temperature: -40°C to +70°C / -40°F to +158°F
- Operating Altitude: 3,000 m
- Water and Dust: IP55
- Shock and Vibration: ETSI 300-19-2-4
- CE Marked
- RED Directive 2014/53/EU
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1, EN60601-1-2
- For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
Regulatory Model Number
- AP-518: APIN0518
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- UL2043 plenum rating
- Wi-Fi Alliance certified 802.11a/b/g/n/
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ 6 (802.11ax)
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ ac (with Wave 2 features)
- Passpoint® (Release 2) with ArubaOS and Instant
Minimum Operating System Software Versions
- ArubaOS & Aruba InstantOS 22.214.171.124
- E0: HPE SmartRate port (RJ-45)
Aruba is a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for the Wired and Wireless LAN Access Infrastructure
Find information on Aruba products that complement and support the 518 Series APs or another solution better suited to your needs.
This entry-level, Wi-Fi 6 outdoor AP comes with industrial-strength surge protection. Able to endure extreme temperatures, persistent moisture, precipitation, airborne contaminants, dust, salt sprays, and max 165 mph wind speeds, it is ideal for environmentally challenging locations.
This high-performance Wi-Fi 6 AP is ideal for harsh outdoor weather conditions such as parking lots, stadiums, and public venues.
Weatherproof and temperature-hardened, the Aruba 370 Series Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac Wave 2) APs deliver multi-gigabit Wi-Fi to outdoor and environmentally challenging locations.
This Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac Wave 2) AP delivers gigabit performance for client devices in harsh, weather-protected environments such as warehouses, industrial freezers, or stadiums.