Training FAQ & Resources
1. Does Aruba have an e-learning program, so that I can take courses remotely?
2. Can I obtain the course materials without attending the course?
Course materials are provided only to students who attend courses.
3. Are there prerequisites for Aruba courses?
Some of the courses do have prerequisites. For information, go to the Training page, search for the course you are interested in, then select it. The course prerequisites will be listed.
4. Are there prerequisites for Aruba certifications?
Some certifications have a prerequisite. Please check the certification datasheet to view certification requirements. View all certifications.
5. How do I enroll in a course?
6. Are HPE Learner IDs required to take training?
Yes, all learners must obtain an HPE Learner ID to register for Aruba training and exams. Request an HPE Learner ID or check to see if you have an existing HPE Learner ID here.
7. What study materials do you recommend to prepare for the certification test?
For recommended study materials, see Aruba Certifications and click on the certification to see recommended learning resources for that certification exam.
8. What languages are Aruba courses offered in? and in which locations?
Aruba offers instructor-led courses virtually and at locations around the world. We have instructors that can teach in English, Spanish, French, Japanese and Chinese. Most materials are in English. Check the Aruba training calendar to view upcoming courses offered globally by Aruba Education Services and our Authorized Training Centers. You can filter by language on the search page. For additional languages, send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Can courses be taught at my site?
It is possible to set up classes in additional sites based on demand. To arrange a private class, please contact your Aruba Networks account manager or send a request to: email@example.com. Private courses are subject to a minimum number of students, click here for more information on private courses.
10. Are there penalties for canceling a class?
Cancellations received at least 14 calendar days prior to start of class will receive a full refund or be able to transfer the fee to another class. You may cancel your registration for a class up to 7 calendar days in advance of the class and apply credit to a future class (exception: If paying via credit card you must attend within 60 days of initial class requested otherwise you will need to request a refund). No credit or refund will be given for any no-show or class registration canceled less than 7 calendar days prior to a class date. If a registered participant is unable to attend the course, a substitute is welcome to take their place.
11. Where can I find detailed information on the various Aruba Certifications?
12. How much demand is there for Aruba Certified professionals?
To view labor market insights for Aruba certifications login to Credly. Once logged in, visit the HPE organization page, click on the certification you are interested in, then click “Insights” to view global demand for the certification including: job titles, top locations, top employers, related skills, and salary ranges.
13. If I am already certified in networking with other vendors, does Aruba offer any fast track options?
No, Aruba does not offer any certification fast tracks or upgrade paths for other vendors. We do offer a free eLearing course for Cisco switching professionals here.
14. Where do I take the exam?
You can take the exam online with PearsonVue or in person at a PearsonVue testing facility. To locate a PearsonVue testing facility go to the PearsonVue website and click “Find a Test Center”
15. How do I receive my digital certification badge on Credly? And how do I download my certification badge insignia?
You will receive an email from Credly with instructions to accept your digital badge and download the badge insignia. For additional questions regarding digital badges please visit Credly support site.
16. How long does the Aruba certification last? And how can I recertify?
Aruba career associate, professional, and expert level certifications are valid for three years. Aruba product and sales specialist certifications are valid for two years. Please check the certification datasheet to view requirements for recertification. View all certifications.
17. If I fail a certification exam, how many times am I allowed to take the exam again?
If you fail an exam, you may retake the exam. For associate & professional level certification exams you must wait 14 days, if the previous two attempts were within 14 days. For expert level certification exams you must wait 30 days. NOTE: The fee for a retake exam is the same as for an original exam. View HPE certification exam policies.
18. Is there a community of Aruba Certified professionals? How can I connect with certification holders?
The Aruba Airheads Community is a place for Aruba certified professionals to collaborate and connect on Aruba training and certification. The Aruba Certified Edge Expert (ACEX) Hall of Fame highlights the individuals who have reached the highest achievement in the Aruba certification program.
19. What does the "Rev. #" at the end of each course name signify?
The "Rev. #" at the end of each course name indicates the year and fiscal quarter the course was released in, and the version of the course. For example: "Rev. 19.21" means "Revision 2019, fiscal quarter 2, version 1."