The Aruba 8400 campus core and aggregation switch series provide a game-changing solution, offering a flexible and innovative approach to dealing with the new application, security and scalability demands of the mobile-cloud and IoT era.
Combines a modern, fully programmable OS with carrier-grade hardware, leading performance, and incorporates the industry-first Network Analytics Engine to monitor and troubleshoot network, system, application and security related issues easily.
By enabling faster automation and network insights, the operating system reduces the time spent on manual tasks and addresses current and future demands driven by Mobility and IoT.
Automated visibilityAruba Network Analytics Engine provides the ability to monitor and troubleshoot the network through simple scripts.
Faster time to resolutionMonitoring, analytics and troubleshooting tools are built-in, extensible and deliver historical analysis to help solve problems faster.
Programmability for easy integrationWith a built-in Python interpreter and a full set of REST-based APIs that allow easy integration to other devices on-prem or in the cloud.
- High-speed fully distributed architecture
- Provides up to 19.2 Tbps switching capacity with up to 8.571 billion packets per second (BPPS) for throughput; all switching and routing is performed in the I/O modules; meets the demands of bandwidth-intensive applications today and in the future
- Supports a maximum of 256 10GbE (SFP/SFP+) ports, or 64 40GbE (QSFP+) ports, or 48 ports 40/100GbE (QSFP28) combination
- Aruba 8400X 32-port 10GbE SFP/SFP+ with MACsec Advanced Module (JL363A)
- Aruba 8400X 8-port 40GbE QSFP+ Advanced Module (JL365A)
- Aruba 8400X 6-port 40GbE/100GbE QSFP28 Advanced Module (JL366A)
- Aruba 8400X 7.2Tbps Fabric Module (JL367A)
- Aruba 8400 Management Module (JL368A)
- Aruba X731 Fan Tray (JL369A)
- Aruba 8400 Fan for X731 Fan Tray (JL370A)
- Aruba 8400 1 Fan Tray and 6 Fans Bundle (JL371A)
- Aruba X382 54VDC 2700W AC Power Supply (JL372A)
- Aruba X464 4-post Rack Rail Kit (JL373A)
- Aruba X462 2-post Rack Rail Kit (JL374A)
- Dimensions: 17.4(w) x 26(d) x 13.8(h) in. (44.1 x 66.0 x 35.1 cm) (8U height)
- Empty configuration weight: 76 lbs (34 kg)
- JL376A weight: 164 lbs (74 kg)
- Full configuration weight: 241 lbs (109 kg)
Mounting and enclosure
- Mounts in an EIA standard 19-inch rack or other equipment cabinet (hardware included); horizontal surface mounting only
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (-0°C to 40°C) with 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Non-Operating: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C) with 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Max Operating Altitude: Up to 10,000ft (3.048 Km)
- Max Non-Operating Altitude: Up to 30,000ft (9.144 Km)
- Sound Power (LWAd) 7.3 Bel
- Sound Pressure (LpAm) (Bystander) 55.6 dB
- Frequency: 47-63 Hz
- AC voltage: 90 – 140/180 – 264 VAC
- DC voltage
- Current: 16 A
- Power output: 2750 W
- EN 60950-1:2006 +A11:2009 +A1:2010 +A12:2011 +A2:2013
- IEC 60950-1:2005 Ed.2; Am 1:2009+A2:2013
- IEC62368-1, Ed. 2
- IEC60825:2007 (Applies to products with lasers)
- UL60950-1, CSA 22.2 No 60950-1
- UL62368-1 Ed. 2
- High-speed fully distributed architecture
- VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; IEC/EN 61000-3-2;
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3; ICES-003 Class A; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A; FCC
- (CFR 47, Part 15) Class A; GB9254
- EN55032:2012 Class A
- CISPR32:2012 Class A
- Generic: Directive 2014/35/EU
- EN: EN 55024:2010+ A1:2001 + A2:2003; ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3
- ESD: EN 61000-4-2
- Radiated: EN 61000-4-3
- EFT/Burst: EN 61000-4-4
- Surge: EN 61000-4-5
- Conducted: EN 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field: IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions: EN 61000-4-11
- Harmonics: EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker: EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C); SNMP Manager; Telnet; terminal interface (serial RS-232C); modem interface; IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB; Ethernet Interface MIB
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 5-year Warranty
See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
- Software releases
For documentation including manuals for your product, refer to www.hpe.com/networking/library.
- For additional specifications, please see the data sheet.
PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION WARRANTY, SUPPORT, AND SERVICES
Warranty: See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
Service: For support and services information, visit https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/arubacare/.