The Aruba CX 8400 Switches are a modern, intelligent and high availability modular solution that is ideal for the most demanding campus core and data center networks.
A carrier-class 8-slot chassis provides up to 19.2 Tbps of switching capacity based on a fully resilient design that includes redundant fabric, management, power and fans to create a resilient, highly available network that your organization can depend on.
A fully programmable network operating system (AOS-CX) and cloud-centric design delivers automation and simplicity, including easy-to-use configuration tools for error-free installs. Built-in monitoring and analytics further enhance the operator experience with immediate troubleshooting and problem resolution insights.
Simplify your IT operationsAOS-CX delivers distributed analytics and full programmability from access edge to data center for complete network configuration and assurance, and automated and simplified IT operations.
See and fix problems before they happenThe Aruba Network Analytics Engine (NAE) provides unparalleled visibility and analytics via built-in, real-time monitoring and troubleshooting for fast problem identification and resolution.
Amazing performance that’s always onAruba Virtual Switching Extension (VSX) provides high availability fast wire speed 10GbE (SFP/SFP+ and 10GBASE-T) and 40GbE connectivity even during live upgrades.
- High-speed fully distributed architecture
- Provides up to 19.2 Tbps switching capacity with up to 7.142 billion packets per second (BPPS) for throughput; all switching and routing is performed in the I/O modules; meets the demands of bandwidth-intensive applications today and in the future
- Supports a maximum of 256 10GbE (SFP/SFP+) or 25GbE (SFP28) ports, or 64 40GbE (QSFP+) ports, or 48 ports 40/100GbE (QSFP28) combination
- Aruba 8400X 32-port 10GbE SFP/SFP+ with MACsec Advanced Module (JL363A)
- Aruba 8400X 8-port 40GbE QSFP+ Advanced Module (JL365A)
- Aruba 8400X 6-port 40GbE/100GbE QSFP28 Advanced Module (JL366A)
- Aruba 8400X-32Y 32-port 1/10/25G SFP/SFP+/SFP28 Module (JL687A)
- Aruba 8400X 7.2Tbps Fabric Module (JL367A)
- Aruba 8400 Management Module (JL368A)
- Aruba X731 Fan Tray (JL369A)
- Aruba 8400 Fan for X731 Fan Tray (JL370A)
- Aruba 8400 1 Fan Tray and 6 Fans Bundle (JL371A)
- Aruba X382 54VDC 2700W AC Power Supply (JL372A)
- Aruba X464 4-post Rack Rail Kit (JL373A)
- Aruba X462 2-post Rack Rail Kit (JL374A)
- Dimensions: 17.4(w) x 26(d) x 13.8(h) in. (44.1 x 66.0 x 35.1 cm) (8U height)
- Empty configuration weight: 76 lbs (34 kg)
- JL376A weight: 164 lbs (74 kg)
- Full configuration weight: 241 lbs (109 kg)
Mounting and enclosure
- Mounts in an EIA standard 19-inch rack or other equipment cabinet (hardware included); horizontal surface mounting only
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (-0°C to 40°C) with 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Non-Operating: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C) with 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Max Operating Altitude: Up to 10,000ft (3.048 Km)
- Max Non-Operating Altitude: Up to 30,000ft (9.144 Km)
- Sound Power (LWAd) 7.3 Bel
- Sound Pressure (LpAm) (Bystander) 55.6 dB
- High-speed fully distributed architecture
- Frequency: 47-63 Hz
- AC voltage: 90 – 140/180 – 264 VAC
- DC voltage
- Current: 16 A
- Power output: 2750 W
- EN 60950-1:2006 +A11:2009 +A1:2010 +A12:2011 +A2:2013
- IEC 60950-1:2005 Ed.2; Am 1:2009+A2:2013
- IEC62368-1, Ed. 2
- IEC60825:2007 (Applies to products with lasers)
- UL60950-1, CSA 22.2 No 60950-1
- UL62368-1 Ed. 2
- VCCI Class A; EN 55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; IEC/EN 61000-3-2;
- IEC/EN 61000-3-3; ICES-003 Class A; AS/NZS CISPR 22 Class A; FCC
- (CFR 47, Part 15) Class A; GB9254
- EN55032:2012 Class A
- CISPR32:2012 Class A
- Generic: Directive 2014/35/EU
- EN: EN 55024:2010+ A1:2001 + A2:2003; ETSI EN 300 386 V1.3.3
- ESD: EN 61000-4-2
- Radiated: EN 61000-4-3
- EFT/Burst: EN 61000-4-4
- Surge: EN 61000-4-5
- Conducted: EN 61000-4-6
- Power frequency magnetic field: IEC 61000-4-8
- Voltage dips and interruptions: EN 61000-4-11
- Harmonics: EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2
- Flicker: EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3
- Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C); SNMP Manager; Telnet; terminal interface (serial RS-232C); modem interface; IEEE 802.3 Ethernet MIB; Ethernet Interface MIB
- For additional specifications, please see the data sheet.
PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION WARRANTY, SUPPORT, AND SERVICES
Limited Lifetime Warranty, see Aruba Software and Hardware Warranties for warranty information included with your product purchase.
For expanded 24x7 coverage, priority access to the Aruba Technical Assistance Center (TAC), guidance on design, configuration and other best practices, more rapid hardware replacement, and comprehensive software support, visit Aruba Operational Support Services for details on Foundation Care for Aruba.
For Software Releases and Documentation, refer to the Aruba Support Portal.