Aruba Mobility Conductor
Delivering the full capabilities of ArubaOS, Aruba Mobility Conductors simplify the deployment and management of up to 1,000 Mobility Controllers to scale large campus deployments.
24/7 high-performance Wi-Fi for large campuses
Aruba Mobility Conductor manages up to 10,000 access points, clusters up to 12 controllers, and securely segments traffic from one access point to multiple controllers.
Live upgrade and multiple-version support
ArubaOS 8 or individual service modules can be upgraded alongside active sessions, eliminating planned maintenance windows and downtime.
Dynamic license management
Dynamically manage licenses based on site requirements by accessing licensing pools.
Support for AOS 8
Delivering AI-powered automation and advanced analytics, Mobility Controller and conductors running AOS 8 optimizes client connectivity, RF channels, power, and operator efficiency.
Available as a virtual appliance
Leverage existing virtual infrastructure by running the Mobility Conductor as a virtual appliance.
Details and Specifications for the Aruba Mobility Conductor
Model and capacity
Aruba Mobility Conductor Hardware Appliance
Model MCR-HW-1K MCR-HW-5K MCR-HW-10K Number of devices 1,000 5,000 10,000 Number of clients 10,000 50,000 100,000 Number of controllers 100 500 1,000
Aruba Mobility Conductor Virtual Appliance
Model MCR-VA-50 MCR-VA-500 MCR-VA-1K MCR-VA-5K MCR-VA-10K Number of devices 50 500 1,000 5,000 10,000 Number of clients 500 5,000 10,000 50,000 100,000 Number of controllers 5 50 100 500 1,000 Environmental
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% (RH) non-condensing
- Storage temperature range: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Storage humidity: 10% to 95% (RH) non-condensing
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet
Regulatory SKU information
- Regulatory Model: ARCNMCRHW
Dimensions and weight
- (H) 4.4 cm x (W) 44.2 cm x (D) 40.1 cm (1.73" x 17.40" x 15.79")
- Weight 7.2 kg (15.87 lbs)
Interfaces and indicators
- Two 10GBASE-X (SFP+) ports
- One 1GBASE-T Management port
- One USB 3.0
- One RJ45 Console port
- Port LINK/ACT and status LEDs
- Front panel LEDs – Power, Status, Peered
Power supply specifications
- Dual 400-watt load shared redundant configuration
- Input: 100-240V AC
- Output: 12V DC
- AC Input Current: 6.0 A max
- AC Input Frequency: 50-60 Hz
- Sound pressure: 57 dBA*
- Sound power: 64.4dBA**
- Sound power per ETSI 300 753; Sound pressure per ISO 7779
* Measured @ rear center
** Nominal fan speed @ room temperature
- 120W (Ubuntu running all cores, memory test, 10G traffic, this may vary by 10% based on software config)
Regulatory and safety compliance
- FCC Part 15 Class A CE
- Industry Canada Class A
- VCCI Class A (Japan)
- EN 55032 Class A (CISPR 32 Class A), EN 61000-3,
- EN 61000-4-2, EN 61000-4-3, EN 61000-4-4,
- EN 61000-4-5, EN 61000-4-6, EN 61000-4-8,
- EN 61000-4-11, EN 55024, AS/NZS 3548
- UL 60950, EN60950
- CAN/CSA 22.2 #60950
- CE mark, cTUVus, CB, C-tick, Anatel, NOM, MIC
Minimum ArubaOS release for the Mobility Conductor Hardware
- Minimum ArubaOS Release:
- ArubaOS 8.1 (Mobility Conductor Hardware)
- Hardware: 1 year parts/labor*
- Software: 90 days*
* Extended with support contract.
Find information on Aruba products that complement the Mobility Conductor or another solution better suited to your needs.
The network operating system behind our industry-leading wireless solutions, ArubaOS delivers the seamless connectivity, security, and reliability that your organization requires.
Delivering industry-leading network services, the 7200 Series maximizes Wi-Fi performance to ensure seamless roaming. It’s perfect for campus WLAN scalability or branch SD-WAN, and VPN Concentrator capabilities.
Perfect for mid-size campuses and branches, the 7000 Series Mobility Controller enhances WLAN performance to improve wireless access, security, and client roaming.
Offering the same functionality as the physical Aruba Mobility Controllers, Mobility Controller Virtual Appliances (VMCs) can be managed by Aruba's Mobility Conductor for higher-scale and full ArubaOS features.