Aruba 203R Series Indoor Wi-Fi 5 Access Points
The highly secure and reliable 203R Series ensures corporate applications work remotely without disruption. Compact and cost-effective, they’re the perfect access point for home and small branch offices.
Multifunctional connectivity for home and small branch offices
The multifunctional 203R Series remote APs support both wall-box and desk-mount deployments, delivering secure and fast 802.11ac wireless and wired network access to corporate resources.
Easy to set up, easy to use
With no IT support required, the 203R Series APs deliver remote access point (RAP) benefits from the convenience of a small office or home.
Policy-based access control
Dynamic Segmentation enforces real-time, device-level access policies on Aruba wired and wireless networks.
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
Provides location-based services with BLE-enabled mobile devices receiving signals from multiple Aruba beacons at the same time.
Top-located USB port for support of USB cellular modem
The 203R Series access point enables the use of cellular modems to provide either backup or primary internet connectivity for remote access point (RAP) support and for client WLAN access, via a USB port located on the top of the access point for maximum flexibility.
Flexible radio architecture
The 203R Series APs flexible software configuration allows it to seamlessly switch between modes where the radio resources are either combined in a single 2x2 radio or separated into two 1x1 radios.
Details and Specifications for the Aruba 203R Series APs
RAP-203R Series Specifications
- Unified flexible radio 802.11ac remote AP with internal antennas.
- Supports wall-box and desk mount deployments
Wi-Fi Radio Specifications
- AP type: Indoor, flex radio:
- 5GHz 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO OR 2.4GHz 802.11n 2x2 MIMO1, or
- 5GHz 802.11ac 1x1 AND 2.4GHz 802.11n 1x11
- Software-configurable radio supports 5GHz (Radio 0) and/or 2.4GHz (Radio 1)
- 5GHz: Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 867Mbps wireless data rate to individual 2x2 VHT80 client devices
- 2.4GHz: Two spatial stream Single User (SU) MIMO for up to 400Mbps wireless data rate to individual 2x2 VHT40 client devices (300Mbps for HT40 802.11n client devices)
- Support for up to 256 associated client devices per radio, and up to 16 BSSIDs per radio
- Supported frequency bands (country-specific restrictions apply):
- 2.400 to 2.4835GHz
- 5.150 to 5.250GHz
- 5.250 to 5.350GHz
- 5.470 to 5.725GHz
- 5.725 to 5.850GHz
- Available channels: Dependent on configured regulatory domain
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) optimizes the use of available RF spectrum
- Supported radio technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct-sequence spread-spectrum (DSSS)
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM)
- Supported modulation types:
- 802.11b: BPSK, QPSK, CCK
- 802.11a/g/n/ac: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM
- Transmit power: Configurable in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Maximum (conducted) transmit power (limited by local regulatory requirements):
- 2.4GHz band: +18 dBm per chain, +21 dBm aggregate (2x2 mode)
- 5GHz band: +18 dBm per chain, +21 dBm aggregate (2x2 mode)
- Note: conducted transmit power levels exclude antenna gain. For total (EIRP) transmit power, add antenna gain
- Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC) minimizes interference from cellular networks
- Maximum ratio combining (MRC) for improved receiver performance
- Cyclic delay/shift diversity (CDD/CSD) for improved downlink RF performance
- Short guard interval for 20MHz, 40MHz and 80MHz channels
- Space-time block coding (STBC) for increased range and improved reception
- Low-density parity check (LDPC) for high-efficiency error correction and increased throughput
- Transmit beam-forming (TxBF) for increased signal reliability and range
- Supported data rates (Mbps):
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11
- 802.11a/g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54
- 802.11n: 6.5 to 300 (MCS0 to MCS15)
- 802.11ac: 6.5 to 867 (MCS0 to MCS9, NSS = 1 to 2 for VHT20/40/80)
- 802.11n high-throughput (HT) support: HT 20/40
- 802.11ac very high throughput (VHT) support: VHT 20/40/80
- 802.11n/ac packet aggregation: A-MPDU, A-MSDU
- Two integrated dual-band omni-directional antennas for 2x2 MIMO with maximum individual antenna gain of 0.7dBi in 2.4GHz and 1.0dBi in 5GHz. Built-in antennas are optimized for vertical orientation of the AP.
- Combining the patterns of each of the antennas of the MIMO radios, the peak gain of the effective per-antenna pattern is -0.4dBi in 2.4GHz and 0.5dBi in 5GHz.
- Uplink: 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45, back)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- Local: Two 10/100/1000BASE-T Ethernet (RJ-45, back)
- Auto-sensing link speed and MDI/MDX
- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- One port (E2): PoE-PSE (output): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af PoE (AP-203RP models)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio
- Up to 4dBm transmit power (class 2) and -93dBm receive sensitivity
- Integrated antenna with moderately directional pattern and peak gain of 1dBi
- USB 2.0 host interface (Type A connector, top)
- 3G/4G cellular modems
- Device battery charging port
- Capable of supplying up to 1A/5 watts of power to an attached device
- AC power interface, 2 prong IEC 60320-1 C8 receptacle (back)
- Visual indicators (LEDs, front):
- Power/system status
- Radio status
- Local network port status (2x)
- Includes PoE-PSE status (AP-203RP models)
- Reset/LED control button (“paperclip access”, bottom)
- Factory reset (when activated during device power up)
- LED control: toggle off/normal
- Serial console interface (custom, uUSB physical jack, bottom)
- Maximum IPsec encrypted wired throughput: 20Mbps
Power Sources And Consumption
- The AP supports direct AC power: 90V – 265V, 47Hz – 63Hz.
- Note that the unit does not include an AC power cord (IEC C7 plug). A compatible region-specific cord should be selected and added when ordering the AP.
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption: 7.5W.
- Excludes power consumed by external USB and/or PoE-PD device (and internal losses); this could add up to 6W for a 5W/1A USB device and up to 18W for a max load (15.4W) 802.3af PoE-PD device
- Maximum (worst-case) power consumption in idle mode: 4.6W.
- The AP supports desk mount without additional accessories. A cover ships with the AP to hide connectors, cables and product labels.
- The cover can be used to support wall mounted deployments as well.
- Dimensions/weight (unit, with cable cover):
- 155mm (W) x 50mm (D) x 95mm (H)
- 320g (AP-203R), 340g (AP-203RP)
- Dimensions/weight (shipping):
- 224mm (W) x 159mm (D) x 78mm (H)
- 510g (AP-203R), 590g (AP-203RP)
- Temperature: 0° C to +40° C (+32° F to +104° F)
- Humidity: 5% to 93% non-condensing
- Storage and transportation:
- Temperature: -40° C to +70° C (-40° F to +158° F)
- FCC/Industry of Canada
- CE Marked
- R&TTE Directive 1995/5/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 72/23/EEC
- EN 300 328
- EN 301 489
- EN 301 893
- UL/IEC/EN 60950
- EN 60601-1-1 and EN 60601-1-2
For more country-specific regulatory information and approvals, please see your Aruba representative.
- MTBF at +25C° operating temperature:
- AP-203R: 324,000 hours (37 years)
- AP-203RP: 308,000 hours (35 years)
Regulatory Model Number
- AP-203R-xx (all variants): APINR203
- AP-203RP-xx (all variants): APINP203
- CB Scheme Safety, cTUVus
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA) certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Warranty Aruba limited lifetime warranty Minimum Software Version
- ArubaOS™ 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168
- Aruba InstantOS™ 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199
Aruba leads at the Edge
Find information on Aruba products that complement and support the 203R Series APs or another solution better suited to your needs.
This cost-effective Wi-Fi 6 access point is ideal for hospitality, branch, and teleworker deployments. Easily configured to enable or disable capabilities based on available PoE power, it delivers high-performance connectivity for any organization experiencing growing mobile, cloud, and IoT requirements.
This cost-effective Wi-Fi 5 (Wave 2) access point is ideal for hospitality, branch offices, medical clinics, and remote workstations. Offering a flexible and secure solution, it can be easily deployed as a wall-mounted hospitality access point or converted to a desk-mounted remote access point.