Why earn this certification?
- Position yourself as an expert network security integrator capable of designing, deploying, integrating, and articulating an advanced PKI solution.
- Demonstrate your ability to architect an enterprise-class network design that aligns with security policies, applies role-based access control, integrates with ecosystem partners, and more.
- Advance your career and job satisfaction as an HPE Aruba Networking certified Network Security expert.
The ideal candidate has worked 4-5 years in networking with 2-3 years in security-focused fields. The candidate is experienced in auditing and remediating network vulnerabilities, designing and troubleshooting enterprise-level network solutions, and articulating key technical concepts associated with network security.
Skill level: Expert
Candidates must pass the Aruba Certified Expert – Network Security written exam prior to registering for the practical exam. Aruba Education Services reserves the right to cancel a candidate’s practical exam registration if they have not completed the written exam prior to registration. The written exam is available on Pearson VUE, the practical exam is 8-hours and proctored with an Aruba expert exam proctor.
The Aruba Certified Expert – Network Security certification is valid for three years from date achieved.
To recertify, you must pass the current written exam on Pearson VUE.
- Aruba Advanced Network Security Troubleshooting & Solutions
This course is highly recommended prior to attempting the certification exam.
Length: 5 days
- How to Study for Aruba Certification Exams
This certification validates that you can:
- Integrate Aruba solutions with ecosystem partner solutions
- Explain how Aruba solutions map to local compliance
- Define PKI best practices and implement certificate-based authentication
- Explain and implement role-based access control
- Implement Aruba Zero Trust Security for the unified infrastructure using ClearPass Policy Manager (CPPM) and other ClearPass solutions
- Design enterprise-wide firewall policies (appRF, PEF, WIPS, WCC) for clients in a variety of wired and wireless architectures
- Architect complex ACLs per wired interface and VLAN
- Design and implement Dynamic Segmentation
- Design and deploy secure client-to-site access using Aruba Central and Aruba gateways
- Design and deploy Gateway IDS/IPS
- Analyze logs, alerts, and other features at an expert level to detect threats
- Remediate the security risk
- Tune alerts
- Interpret and respond to endpoint classification data, as well as use it to tune policies
- Perform a comprehensive threat analysis in a set timeframe