To configure VLANVirtual Local Area Network. In computer networking, a single Layer 2 network may be partitioned to create multiple distinct broadcast domains, which are mutually isolated so that packets can only pass between them through one or more routers; such a domain is referred to as a Virtual Local Area Network, Virtual LAN, or VLAN. settings for an SSIDService Set Identifier. SSID is a name given to a WLAN and is used by the client to access a WLAN network., complete the following steps:
- To access the WLANWireless Local Area Network. WLAN is a 802.11 standards-based LAN that the users access through a wireless connection. SSID configuration wizard for a new SSID profile or an existing SSID profile, see Configuring a WLAN SSID Profile in Bridge Mode or Creating a WLAN Profile in Tunnel and Mixed Mode.
- In the WLAN SSID configuration wizard, click the VLANs tab.
- In the VLAN tab, select any of the following options in to create a network in tunnel mode:
- Aruba gateway node in the tunnel mode network, select the mode. —To forward client traffic to an
- —To use both bridge and tunnel forwarding modes, select the option. To enable APs to tunnel client traffic to a gateway node in the tunnel mode network, select a gateway cluster from the drop-down list.
- Select one of the following options from the
- For auto-group clusters, select <group name:auto_gwcluster_<group ID>_0>. For example, Group1:auto_gwcluster_243_0.
- For auto-site clusters, select <group name:auto_gwcluster_site_<site ID>_<group ID>_0>. For example, Group1:auto_gwcluster_site_8_243_0.
- For manual clusters, select <groupname:manualclusterprofilename>. For example, Group2:ManualCluster123.
The Primary Gateway Cluster drop-down list allows the APs to establish tunnels with the gateways in the tunnel mode network.
- (Optional), select a secondary gateway cluster profile from the drop-down list.
You can use thedrop-down list as a failover, when the primary cluster is unavailable.
- Select the
- Select the
- Select the client VLAN assignment mode for WLAN clients and configure the following parameters:
For more information, see Creating Named VLANs for Static VLAN Assignment.
You can also include a large number of clients that need to be in the same subnetSubnet is the logical division of an IP network. by specifying the configure VLAN pool. For more information on configuring VLAN pool, see User-Based Tunneling in Dynamic Segmentation . —Allows you to specify a VLAN ID of single VLAN in the text box. You can select the VLAN name that is mapped to the VLAN ID from the drop-down list.
- DHCPDynamic Host Configuration Protocol. A network protocol that enables a server to automatically assign an IP address to an IP-enabled device from a defined range of numbers configured for a given network. server. You can also create a new VLAN assignment rules by clicking the + sign. The pop-up window is displayed to enter details such as attribute, operator, string, and VLAN ID.
For more information, seeCreating Named VLANs for Dynamic VLAN Assignment.
For Mixed mode, the assignment of a client to a VLAN is done by selecting or as traffic forwarding mode for the VLAN in table on the tab. —Allows you to assign the VLANs dynamically from a
- —Allows you to specify a VLAN ID of single VLAN in the text box. You can select the VLAN name that is mapped to the VLAN ID from the drop-down list.
- Click the section to view all the named VLANs mapped to the VLAN ID.
- To configure the VLAN Name and VLAN ID mapping feature, click the option to enter the VLAN Name and VLAN ID that is required to be mapped.
- Click to configure security settings.
Important Points to Note
- When you select <group name:auto_gwcluster_site_<site ID>_<group ID>_0> from the drop-down list, the tunnel orchestrator service automatically allows the devices on the particular site to establish tunnels among themselves. For example, an AP in site S1 only establishes tunnel with a gateway in site S1. The AP in S1 does not establish a tunnel with the gateway in site S2.
The following are the various scenarios applicable when you select thecheck box:
- The reachable number of gateways in the primary cluster is equal to or more than the secondary cluster.
- When all the tunnels are down, the tunnel that comes up first will serve the SSID profile.
- The virtual APs wait for 5 minutes after they failover from one gateway cluster to another.
- There is 1 minute delete time for Virtual APs when they failover from primary cluster to secondary cluster and vice versa.
- All clients get disconnected during failover from one cluster to another.
Parent Topic: Tunnel and Mixed Mode Deployment Workflow Steps
Previous Topic: Configuring a WLAN SSID Profile in Bridge Mode