If the managed device uses policy-based routing to forward packets to a next hop device, a next-hop list ensures that if the primary next-hop device becomes unreachable, the packets matching the policy can still reach their destination. For more information on nexthop devices, see Policy Based Routing.
To define a next-hop list:
1. In the node hierarchy, navigate to the tab.
2. Expand the accordion.
3. (Optional) In the field, specify the probe interval, in seconds. The WANWide Area Network. WAN is a telecommunications network or computer network that extends over a large geographical distance. health-check feature sends the number of probes defined by the parameter during each probe interval. To change the default interval of 10 seconds, enter a new value into this field.
4. (Optional) In the field, specify the number of probes to be sent during the probe interval. To change the default value of 5 probes, enter a new value into this field.
5. Click + below the to open a pop-up window that allows you to configure the following next-hop settings:
6. Click Submit.
7. Click .
8. In the window, select the check box and click .
Was this information helpful?
Great! Thanks for the feedback
Sorry about that! How can we improve it?