This document describes various strategies to facilitate a firmware upgrade from ArubaOS 8 (AOS 8) to ArubaOS 10 (AOS 10) for access points (APs) and mobility controllers/gateways.
For access points, upgrading to AOS 10 is dependent on the mode of operation and management of the AOS 8 device; choices include Aruba Instant Access Points (IAP) or Campus Access Points (CAP) managed by one of the following:
- Aruba Central
- Local (Virtual Controller)
- Mobility Conductor/Controller.
AOS 10 introduces a major architectural change that uses Aruba Central to operate and manage Aruba Access Points (APs) and Gateways. With this change, a traditional migration path from AOS 8 to AOS 10 is not supported. Adopting AOS 10 requires configuration from the ground up within your Aruba Central tenant. Devices should not be upgraded to AOS 10 until your plan for AOS 10 configuration is in place.
- Familiarity with AOS 10 is a requirement for success with the adoption process; if necessary, review these helpful articles for further information:
- List of currently supported devices on AOS 10: Click Here
- Go through all the steps in each section of interest before beginning the conversion process.