Data collectors host applications that process network data.
Data collectors are available as a physical appliance or a virtual appliance. To create a data collector, set up and install on-premises at your organization the physical appliance or virtual appliance and then install an Aruba application.
Managing Data Collectors High-Level Process Flow
The following is a high-level process flow for managing data collectors:
- Set up on-premises the physical or virtual appliance that will become the data collector. For more information, see Setting Up Appliances.
- Create the data collector by installing an Aruba application on the physical or virtual appliance. For more information, see Manage Data Collectors.
- Verify the status of the data collector. The status is Viewing Data Collectors. if the data collector was created successfully. For more information, see
- Repeat Step 1 through 3 until you have created all of the data collectors that you require.
- Set the auto-update preference for the data collectors. For more information, see Updating Data Collectors.
- Monitor the status and performance of the different data collectors. For more information, see Viewing Data Collectors.
- (Optional) Manually update one or all of the data collectors as required. This overrides the global auto-update preference you have set for all data collectors. For more information, see Updating Data Collectors.
- (Optional) Delete the installed Aruba application from the data collector. This enables the appliance to be available to become a data collector again in the future for the same Aruba application or for a different Aruba application. For more information, see Deleting Data Collectors.