NTP Server Unreachable
The Aruba Central. All devices under management should be in time synchronization so that events and telemetry can be accurately correlated. NTP Network Time Protocol. NTP is a protocol for synchronizing the clocks of computers over a network. Server Unreachable insight detects when devices' time drifts due to not being able to keep in synchronization with an NTP server.insight can be accessed from the , , and context. This insight provides information regarding time mismatch between two devices managed by
NTP Server Unreachable insight is not available for 3 hours time filter.
This insight displays the following information:
The insight summary provides the following details:
—Displays the possible causes of failure in the network:
- An NTP server is not configured
- The configured NTP server is not valid
- The NTP server is not reachable
- —Displays the possible recommendation against each failure to resolve the same.
The time series graph displays the number of days and devices that were unable to reach the NTP server due to time synchronization failures in the network during the selected time period. You can hover your mouse on each bar graph to see the exact number of APs impacted.
The cards vary based on the context that you access the insight from. Click one of the cards to view further details:
Lists the number of sites impacted in the time context with the NTP server in the network. Click the arrow to view the pictorial graph of thesites. Click the number displayed on the card, to view a detailed description of the impacted sites:
- —Name of the site impacted by the insight and link to the specific insight at the site context.
- Total APs Count—Total number of APs in the site.
- Impacted APs Count—Number of APs impacted by NTP server failure in the site.
- Count of APs with NTP Server (NTP server is configured)—Number of APs configured with NTP server in the site.
- Count of APs without NTP Server (NTP server is not configured)—Number of APs not configured with NTP server in the site.
Lists the number of APs impacted by the time context with the NTP server in the network. Click the number displayed on thecard to view a detailed description of the impacted access points:
- —Name of access points and links to the specific insight at the AP context.
- Time Error (Actual time-AP time)—Indicates the time difference between the actual time in the timezone and the time on AP.
- FW—Version of the firmware running on each AP.
- —Model number of each AP.
- —Name of the site where the AP resides.
- MAC Media Access Control. A MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on a network. address of the AP and link to the specific insight at the AP context. —
- —Serial number of the AP.
- Time Zone—Time zone of the NTP server.
- NTP Server—Server where the AP resides.