Site installations and device deployments at customer premises require extensive coordination between the IT administrators and installation personnel. If there are multiple sites to deploy, businesses may require more time and manual effort to coordinate and manage site installations. The Aruba Installation Management service simplifies and automates site deployments, and helps IT administrators manage site installations with ease.
The Installation Management service includes the following components:
- Install Manager on Aruba Central portal—Intended for IT administrators who oversee the installation management activities in an organization. Using Install Manager, network administrators can create installer profiles, generate QR codes, assign site deployments to installers, and monitor deployment status for each site from a remote location. Aruba Central users can access the Install Manager application from the app selection pane in the UI.
- Aruba Installer mobile app—Intended for the installation personnel who deploy devices on a site. The Aruba Installer mobile app allows the installers to scan devices and add them to the provisioning network. The Aruba Installer mobile app is available for downloads on Apple® App Store and Google Play Store.
Installation Management and Monitoring
The Install Manager feature in Aruba Central includes the following menu options:
- Aruba Central account. —Displays a list of sites associated with an
- —Displays a list of installers added by the Install Manager application.
- —Displays a list of QR codes generated by the Install Manager application.
Installation Management Workflow
The following figure illustrates the installation management workflow for the Install Manager users:
Figure 1 Installation Management Workflow
Installers are technicians who are assigned the task of visiting a physical site or location, and install devices. The Aruba Installer mobile app enables installers to scan devices, and report the task status to IT administrators.
The following figure illustrates the installation workflow for the Aruba Installer mobile app users:
Figure 2 Installer Workflow
The Aruba Installer mobile app enables installers to scan the QR code for signing into the app, scan the devices, complete the installation process, and report the task status to IT administrators.
Figure 3 QR Code Workflow
The steps required for completing a site installation procedure are listed in the following table: