The RF Radio Frequency. RF refers to the electromagnetic wave frequencies within a range of 3 kHz to 300 GHz, including the frequencies used for communications or Radar signals. plans include devices from the device catalog.allows you to add, modify, and import a floor plan background image file. Ensure that the imported
To create a floor plan, complete the following steps:
- In the Aruba Central app, set the filter to one of the options under .
The dashboard context for the selected site is displayed.
Thedashboard is displayed.
> , click .
Thetab is displayed.
- Click in the slide out pane on the right.
You can also add the floor plan by right-clicking on the center gray area and click. The pop-up window is displayed.
You can import the floor plan image file in the JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PDF, PNG, DWG, and SVG format.
and locate a floor plan image file from your local file system.
- Assign a floor name and a floor number in the and text boxes, respectively.
Make sure that you add a floor plan image within the recommended size offeet or meter. You can also use the measure tool to resize the current image to the recommended size.
You can define a new floor by clicking theoption on the top-right corner.
includes the following option:
- —Shows the dimensions of the floor.
- —Allows you to define floor plan boundary and planning region.
- —Allows you to import walls from the CAD file.
- —Allows you to add the access points to the floor plan.
- Click the button after you set the , , and for the floor.
- To add a planned access point, under > , select the device type from the drop-down menu.
- In the field, enter the number of devices to add to the new floor.
- Click and drag the slider bar to adjust data rates for a high-density or low-density environment.
- Optionally, click the
link to configure the advance deployment options:
- —Select or to plan coverage by adjusting the data rate requirements (speed) or AP signal strength settings. Click to recalculate the suggested number of APs based on these settings.
- —In the field, set the anticipated number of clients that will be stationed on the floor. In the field, enter the maximum number of clients supported by each radio. Click to recalculate the suggested number of APs based on these settings.
- Click to add the planned APs to the floor.
- Click .
- To remove the planned device from the floor plan, right-click on that device and click .
The following animation shows how to create a floor plan: