Creating a Report
Aruba Central allows you to generate a report for devices associated with a group, multi-group, label, or a site.
Although your page view is set to a specific group, site, or label, you can create reports for a different group, site, or a label. However, if your page view is set to an Instant Access Point (IAP) cluster or switch, you can schedule a report only for that IAP cluster or switch.
To create a report, complete the following steps:
- In the Aruba Central app, set the filter to one of the options under groups, labels, or sites.
For all devices, set the filter to.The dashboard context for the selected filter is displayed.
The Reports page is displayed in theview.
, click .
The Reports page is displayed.
- Select the type of report you want to create and then click .
- Based on the type of report you select, a few options are displayed.
Select one of the available options to set the context of the report. For example, for the Client Inventory report, select one of the available options under Context, which is either Groups, Labels, or Sites.
- Groups—Select Groups to generate reports for the devices attached to a group.
- Labels—Select Labels to generate reports for the devices attached to a label.
- Sites—Select Sites to generate reports for the devices attached to a site.
Based on the selected context, further options are displayed to create a report with more details. For more information, see Report Configuration Options.
- Click Next.
The Report Period option is displayed.
- Under Report Period, select one of the available options to create a report for the last day, last 7 days, last 30 days, last year, or for a custom range.
The Custom range for the Summary report is available for the last one year, except the current date (today). All other reports are available for 90 days.
- Click Next.
The Recurrence option is displayed.
- Under Recurrence, select one of the available options to schedule a report for the current time, later time, every day, every week, or every month.
- Under Report Information, enter the title of the report and an email address.
- Select PDF and/or CSV Comma-Separated Values. A file format that stores tabular data in the plain text format separated by commas. to specify the format of the report to receive the email.
- Click Generate.
The report gets generated and is displayed under the Scheduled Reports table. The report gets emailed as an attachment to the email address provided.
The following video illustrates how to create a report.
The following video illustrates how to schedule a report.