A physical EdgeConnect appliance can be connected to the internet, licensed, and brought online easily if certain conditions are met. This section helps troubleshoot potential problems in this process.
There are a few important factors to consider when the appliance is online, but is unable to register with the Orchestrator:
- Does the new EdgeConnect appliance have the correct account name and key listed? Account name is case sensitive. White spaces, typos, or missing letters prevent the appliance from registering with the Orchestrator.
- If the appliance connects to the Orchestrator via another EdgeConnect appliance, make sure the intermediate appliance is licensed as well.
- Appliances manually added to the Orchestrator will not be licensed. An appliance can only be added when Orchestrator discovers it.
For additional troubleshooting tips, see Adding a New Appliance.
For customer-hosted Orchestrator configurations, the Orchestrator requires account name and key configuration during setup. Orchestrator must be able to contact the Cloud Portal and establish a web socket for ongoing communication. For hosted configurations (Orchestrator-as-a-Service), these settings are confirmed during deployment.
Use the Cloud Portal tab (Orchestrator > Cloud Portal) to confirm the following:
- Is the Orchestrator reachable?
- Does the Orchestrator have HTTPS reachability to the Cloud Portal? If not, troubleshoot security policy and DNS configuration.
- Does the Orchestrator have web socket reachability to the Cloud Portal? If not, a security configuration issue most likely exists in the network.
- Is the Orchestrator registered?
- If this is not the first Orchestrator deployed for the network, the new Orchestrator must be approved by a previously deployed Orchestrator.
- If the Orchestrator has been approved but is still not registered, open a case with Support.
When reaching out to the Orchestrator hosted in the cloud, make sure that:
- Proper APIs and ports are allowed through the firewall, if traffic is going through the firewall.
- The Orchestrator name can be resolved via DNS.