This section contains information about creating and managing support cases. For information about case priorities and SLAs, escalations, software maintenance, warranty and equipment returns, training and certification, and much more, see the Support page.
There are four ways to open a new support case:
- Orchestrator UI
- Support Portal
Cases are assigned as quickly as possible. For non-urgent issues, customers may specify their time zone or preferred meeting times for the best experience.
NOTE: When opening a case from the Orchestrator UI or via the Support Portal, it is best practice to always add or attach a sysdump to the case. A detailed procedure about creating and uploading sysdumps is available in the Appendix.
Send an email to email@example.com. All cases opened via email are opened as Priority 3 cases.
The toll-free number for the U.S. and Canada is +1 (877) 210 7325. Other numbers are listed on the Support page.
In Orchestrator, click the Support tab, then click Tech Support - Appliances or Tech Support - Orchestrator, depending on the issue you are experiencing.
- On the Tech Support tab, click Generate Sys Dump.
- While that process runs, click Create Case.
- Enter the required information, and then click Create.
- When the sysdump is available, select it in the table, and then click Upload Selected Files.
- Attach the sysdump to the case that was just created, and then click Upload.
NOTE: You can find additional details about creating and uploading sysdumps below.
Log in to the Support Portal, click Open/Manage a Case, and then click Open Case.
Cases maintain ownership unless a customer requests a change. If the case needs to change owners, please call Support and ask to requeue the case to the next available engineer.
To add additional information to a case, reply to the existing support email thread or use the Support Portal. To attach additional files, upload them in Orchestrator.
If a case priority has changed and needs to be escalated, call Support and ask to work with a Duty Manager.
To create and upload appliance system dumps for Support, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Orchestrator web interface.
- Click Support, and then click Tech Support - Appliances.
- From the tree view, select the appliances you want to work with.
- Click Generate Sys Dump. This process can take a few minutes to complete. When it completes, the page refreshes.
- Select the newly generated files in the table. Select multiple files by clicking each file while holding the Ctrl key. If you cannot find the files, click the Last Modified column to sort by most recent. Ignore any files starting with “tunbug.” File names for system dumps use the format sysdump-hostname-yyyymmdd-hhmmss.tgz.
- Click Upload to Support.
- On the Upload Selected Files to Support dialog box, enter the case number in the Case field, and then click Upload.
System maintenance is performed on Cloud Portal (licensing application) on the second Saturday of each month. During this 3-hour maintenance window, the Cloud Portal application is inaccessible to Orchestrator and Unity EdgeConnect appliances for any new license activations and upgrades.
NOTE: This activity will not impact your SD-WAN network.
- When: Second Saturday of each month
- Start: Saturday, 9:00 PM Pacific Time
- End: Sunday, Midnight Pacific Time